Why this still on sale without any warnings that this is not in in development anymore?

Posted by:cai
Data created:24 March 2022

Hi, Why this still on sale without any warnings that this is not in development anymore?

I just subscribed to ask that question :(, as I was ready to recommend this to a client, so he could buy it, but after taking a good look at the forums, just to see how active is the community, I found a recent post in which you guys stated: "Lucid is not in development anymore. There will not be new versions. "

Why not put that warning in the lucid main page? I invested a good amount of time trying to see if lucid would be what my client needed, you still sell this full price without letting new customers know that this is not in development anymore... these are not good business practices, you can do better!

If there were a disclaimer, I could just not have wasted almost a day to see if this was a good fit for a client... which is not! 

Worse is that even if you sell this discounted, probably it wouldn't work anyway, as per others recent posts, if one has latest cuda drivers, the plugin just doesn't work, nor it works in max 2022.

I just hope this help others not loosing precious time in something that is discontinued :( which is a shame, as it seems it was such a good physics solver!

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience. The purchase page should have been removed, it will be gone soon. If your client ended up buying it recently we can offer a full refund. Please let us know if that is the case.

Jeordanis Figuereo (Product Designer. EPHERE Inc.)

Thank you so much for replying  :)

It really shows you guys are pros and listen to critic professionally.

No worries, my client did not buy as I did not recommend Lucid at the end, nonetheless I truly appreciate your response. I just wish other developers would take notice in how it is done! Kudos to you for handling this perfectly.

My trust level with you guys is over the moon now.

Thank you very much for your kind words. We will continue improving our products. :). 

Jeordanis Figuereo (Product Designer. EPHERE Inc.)