Lucid Zip Install?

Posted by:carlosa
Data created:1 December 2016

Hello,

I need deploy lucid to artist and farm machines via a propietary tool, this tool syncs machine files, and environemnt varibles for a single session, based on show specific profiles, which allows us to switch between plugin versions and configurations before launching max, so we can test new tools without breaking pre existing versions...

In order to daploy lucid, in this environment we usually install plugins to an empty directory, pull the content files from there, and make a network module that can be pushed by our distro tool.

I"m having allot of problems with lucid, it seems to only drop a Ephere.Plugins.Autodesk.Max.Lucid.dlo in the plugin folder and nothing more...

Is there a way to get a zip install, with all the plugins files (win 64), and a small text file pointing out any other needed steps (environment, variables, registry keys, etc)?

This would really speed up the process of pushing this plugin out...
thanks in advanced :D

Thank you for the description Carlos. We will look into making this happen shortly.

Marsel Khadiyev (Software Developer, EPHERE Inc.)

You Rock Marsel! thanks for you hard works as usual :D

Done, you can grab the 7z archive in lastest nightly which is up now

That worked great Marsal, thanks!
It's seems to be deployoing without a hitch now...

you rock!!!

Hey Marsel,

I"m having some machine that can't load lucid...

i think we're missing a visual studio c++ redistributable on some of our machines (MSVCP120.dll)...

Can you point me to this installer? thanks!

I think this is what we're missing...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=40784

sound about right?

Yes, looks about right. VC2013 redistributable is required for all our Windows plugins.